Tuesday, December 18, 2007

News and Dogs

Seriously? Have y'all seen this? Ten-Year Old Faces Felony Weapon Charges after bringing a steak knife to school - to cut her steak! Now, granted, it was stupid of the girl/her parents to allow her to bring a knife to school, they could have cut up the steak for her at home before sending it with her to her school, but to press felony weapon charges against her? The teachers/principal even admitted she only used it to cut her steak; she sat away from other students, never pointed it at anyone, etc. She wasn't going to hurt anyone. Now she's suspended and facing felony charges. How ridiculous.

Last night my dog decided he wanted to eat the ant trap we have in our tub (we have ants ONLY in our bathtub) and when I went into the bathroom and saw him I bent down to pick up the chewed up trap from the floor and he ran under me, knocked me off balance, and caused me to fall onto the sharp corner of the counter on my stomach with all of my weight. I hate my dog sometimes. It hurt so bad. It was red and hot and my entire stomach was rock hard for about an hour afterwards. It's okay now, and no bruising, but it hurt like a mofo. Baby is also kicking up a storm so I'm sure he's okay, and I'm sore, but my dog is so stupid.

You know what irritates me? That my dog can be so stupid and so smart at the same time. Case in point; Ryan scratches Nova with his feet while he plays video games - Nova is smart enough to realize that shoes go on your feet, and he gets scratched with Ryan's feet, so if Ryan doesn't want to scratch him anymore and tells him to go away, Nova will go sit in front of Ryan's shoes (that he isn't even wearing!) and try to get scratched by them. See? SMART! Yet I have to yell at him twenty times to get down off of the couch (loveseat, actually) because with my tummy now big there isn't enough room for BOTH of us if I want to lay down. ("Get down. Get Down. Get Down! GET DOWN!" :shove:)

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Picturing your dog trying to get scratched by unworn shoes is so hilarious. I cannot stop laughing.

That sounds like our dogs.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]