Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This post will be random.. sorry for the ADD

They really should make tiny little kneepads for babies. Anytime Baby J has tummy time, his knees get so red from trying to push himself up. Plus, what about people that have hardwood floors? What happens when their babies learn to crawl? Doesn't it hurt their knees? Note to self: create tiny baby kneepads to sell and make lots of money.

Ryan is getting transferred to a new place - not exactly a promotion, as it is smaller than his current place, but it only opened up less than 6 months ago, so it is a step towards a promotion. Basically they want to see if he can handle a newer place, the troubles that come along with a newer place, and those kind of things. He only has 2 more promotions currently available to him, Senior Mgr and General Mgr, so here's to hoping he does a fantastic job (I'm sure he will) and gets the promotion he rightly deserves. :)

So, I joined my sister-in-law's church on Sunday, and went out and got me a new bible. A fresh new bible for a fresh start. I read the entire book of Matthew and wrote down some of my favorite verses, and I'd like to share them with everyone. Feel free to click on the link that says 'more' to see the rest of the verse. :)

Why should I read the bible?
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

Why should I forgive?
14"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."Matthew 6:14

Don't let money rule your life.
21"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."Matthew 6:21
and
24""No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."Matthew 6:24

A verse I just find interesting
When Jesus was sending out his disciples to spread the word of the Lord, he tells them to leave towns that do not accept the word, for "15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town." Matthew 10:15

Why you should not be afraid to speak of your faith:
32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." Matthew 10:32

When you feel overwhelmed:
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."Matthew 11:28

Put your trust in the Lord
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"Matthew 14:31

Why you should attend church and pray
19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20

And just because I love hearing about it, Matthew 24:1-35 [MORE] is where Jesus speaks to his disciples about the rapture.

I did have a question or two. Matthew 5:31-32 says: 31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. Does this mean only a man can divorce his wife for unfaithfulness? Or are women allowed to do the same? don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a divorce, but I truly wonder. I know a wife should serve her husband, but is she allowed to divorce or is it just him?

Also, Matthew 8:28-34 [MORE] speaks of Jesus sending demons into pigs and the towns people wanting him to leave. I don't quite understand why they wanted him to leave. Were they afraid of his power? Did they know they were corrupt and were ashamed?

So many questions, so little time. This is all for now. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]